Friday, April 4, 2014

Orange Butter

This is my first post :) I just made Orange Butter.

It is really easy to make, It took me 5 minutes to make it. But first, wash your hands!
All you need is: 1 stick of softened butter, half of an orange, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Also, you will need plastic wrap, a food processor and a knife, of course.
Cut a half of an orange in "cubes" (though, they do not look like cubes:) 
Place orange pieces in the food processor, add sugar.
Cut butter in big chunks and put in the processor.
Place the orange butter mix on plastic wrap with a spoon in the middle.
Cover the butter with half of the plastic wrap. Shape the butter in a tube like form, roll it, and fold or twist the ends.
 

Place the butter in the freezer or fridge.
When butter is cold, spread it on a cracker or bread and enjoy!


P.S. you can use a lemon instead of an orange to make lemon butter.

25 comments:

  1. It looks very delicious, I need to try! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you have a fun time making it

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great idea!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting idea. I'll have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fun, I waht to have cooking kid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea. So simple and delicious. I should try to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It looks so delicious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Orange Butter .Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delicious, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. yumm! also don't forget to scrub the orange well as they get sprayed with chemicals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I will definitely try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MMM! so tasty and fresh!
    I have to try it with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks very easy to make and delicious!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool idea! Your blog is so professional. Maybe you can help teach Oliver how to cook when he gets bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rob says cool first blog, but he wants to know why you included the rinds on not just the zest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put whole orange with everything, the orange rind is edible and it's not bitter.

      Delete
  16. Did it yesterday. Took me 5 min to do this easiest but the most delicious butter in the world! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete