Saturday, May 17, 2014

Banana Bread Cup Cakes

Today, I want you show you how easy is to make banana bread muffins!
I made them the other day for my class for my Birthday treat :)
Ingredients for a dozen of cupcakes (or 1 loaf): 
  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed 
  • 1/3 cup melted butter  (or margarine)
  • 3/4 cup sugar 
  • 1 egg, beaten 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda 
  • Pinch of salt 
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Extras:
  •  Strawberry jam (or any your favorite jam) 
  • Powdered sugar 
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
Using fork, smash ripe bananas. Place them in the large bowl.
Melt butter (margarine) and add to bananas. Mix with fork.
 Beat the egg(s), add the egg(s) to banana mix.
 Add sugar, vanilla, baking soda, salt. Add the flour last, to mix.
Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan. Then put some batter in a zip lock bag.
 Cut a little of a corner of the bag.  Squeeze the bag filling the cup with batter on 2/3 .
Bake in  the oven for 15-18 min. To check if the cupcakes are done, insert a wooden toothpick and if toothpick is dry, the banana bread is ready.
 Cool the cupcakes on a rack.
Watch the video to see how to fill the cupcakes with jam.
I made 29 cupcakes for my class!
 My mom made stencils  out of paper. Sprinkle powdered sugar  on top of the cupcakes as shown.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe. Have fun making your cupcakes!!!


8 comments: